International Timber supplies Accoya cladding for Denny town centre redevelopment
Phase 1 of Denny town centre's re-development is complete with the town centre now a modern fit for purpose space with help from International Timber.
Delivered following extensive community consultation, the new town centre includes:
- A new two storey building with ground floor units accessed from Stirling Street
- A new improved and increased car park accessed from Davies Row
- Access to the first floor units and the library from the car park side of the building
- A new bright and welcoming Denny Library with community space
- Community designed Town Square featuring 4 individual public art commissions reflecting Denny's rich heritage
- Town centre Wi-Fi providing new opportunities for business, residents and visitors.
The regeneration of Denny Town Centre, led by Falkirk Council, with support from the Scottish Government’s regeneration fund, also included work such as external services, drainage, hardstandings, car parking, boundary treatments, soft landscaping and associated site infrastructure.
Accoya cladding, supplied by International Timber, was a primary material used in the redevelopment and has helped revive the town centre.
International Timber worked closely with main contractor, Clark Contracts on the specification of the multiple coloured Accoya cladding, reinvigorating Denny Town Centre.
There are several community-led public art pieces that now make up the public realm, enhancing its aesthetic quality, including:
- Sculptural Treasure Trail – a sculpture 'treasure' trail which highlights and tells the story of Denny
- Railings – the creation of bespoke artistic railings that reflect the local heritage and people of the area
- The Lazy Corner – this area was historically a social point where locals gathered at the corner for a chat.
- The Staircase – located at the north end of the site, the artist will work directly with the elevation of the stairs to host artistic elements that reflect local heritage aspects.
We were delighted to be a part of this wonderful project that gave new life to this town centre, and we look forward to working with Clark Contracts again in the future.
If you’d like to speak to a timber consultant to find out more about how we can help your woodworking and construction efforts, get in touch and we’ll be able to help you out.