Regulations and legislations
All International Timber sites operate and adhere to a number of regulations and legislations. These include:
• FSC Chain of Custody certification
• PEFC Chain of Custody certification
• BM TRADA Forest Products Chain of Custody certificate which covers the importation, storage, outsourcing, distribution and sale of independently certified timber and timber products. This includes certification schemes from the:
• Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
• Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI)
• Malaysian Timber Certification Council (MTCC )
• Timber Legality Verification System (SVLK)
• ISO 9001: 2008 for Quality Management Systems
• BS OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety
• Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
• European Construction Products Regulation 2013 (CPR)
• The Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade Action Plan 2013 (FLEGT)
• EU Timber Regulation (2013)
As part of the Saint-Gobain Group we are also members of the WWF-UK Forest and Trade Network UK Buyers Group. This membership, which has been held since 1998, assesses our performance and areas of continuous improvement.
The Saint-Gobain Group takes sustainability and responsible purchasing very seriously. To ensure the Group continually improves its position as a sustainable provider of building products all businesses within Saint-Gobain Building Distribution also operate within the parameters of the Responsible Purchasing Timber Policy.
This policy demonstrates our commitment to sourcing all timber and timber products from legal sources. We purchase from well managed sources positively participating in the protection of biodiversity of forest lands and the habitats of forest reliant peoples.
We are firmly committed to continuously increasing the volume of timber we procure from certified and legal sources, and are keen to continue working in partnership with certification bodies to ensure that through their schemes this positive trend continues.